Russian Language Certification
What language level is appropriate to study in russian university and how to pass the test
To determine the level of knowledge of Russian, you need to pass an international TORFL exam (TORFL stands for «Test of Russian as a Foreign Language»).
Levels of knowing Russian as a foreign language correspond to the six steps:
- A1 (TEU: elementary level)
- Minimum level of knowledge of the Russian language, enough for a limited number of situations in everyday life.
- A2 (TBU: basic level)
- Starting level of knowledge of the Russian language enough to communicate in a limited number of everyday situations. This is the minimum level for operating any professional activity for a limited extent.
- B1 (ToRFL-I: the first level)
- The average level of the Russian language, which allows you to communicate at home, educational and professional fields.
- B2 (TORFL-II: the second level)
- Sufficiently high level of knowing Russian language, which is enough for communication in all spheres of activity. This level allows to work in engineering, humanitarian and Natural-scientific areas. The certificate of this level is necessary to obtain a bachelor’s, master's or specialists degree.
- C1 (TORFL -III: third level)
- With the certificate of this level it is possible to conduct professional activity in Russian as the philologist, the translator, the editor, the journalist, the diplomat, the manager working in Russian-speaking collective.
- C2 (TORFL -IV: fourth level)
- This level is comparable with the native speaker's level. It is necessary for receiving of the diploma of the master-philologist which grants the right to all types of teaching and research activities in the field of Russian.
The structure of the test
Testing is held in two days. On the first day the candidate is testing skills of working with written information in Russian, and also knowledge of grammar and lexicon. On the second day the candidate is testing the ability to perceive information in Russian aurally, and also to participate in dialogues, to create and orally reproduce short and connected texts.
|First day||Second day|
After successfully passing the test, you will receive certificate of the state sample, confirming knowledge of Russian language at an appropriate level.
Where it is possible to pass the test
TORFL can be carry out only by authorized certified organizations. Send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help you to choose an organization to pass a TORFL test.