Payment for enrollment process
The Russia.Study Portal guarantees enrollment in a university on a tuition-paying basis to all prospective international students who use its services. The service cost depends on the visa regime for citizens of the prospective student's state, as well as on the competition for admission to a given university.
The cost of services varies from $300 to $400 for those from visa-free states, and from $400 to $600 for those from states for which visas are required. The services can be paid for online, via the Russia.Study account of a prospective student on, or at a bank. The price is set in US dollars. Recalculation in rubles is made only when paying by card at the rate of the Bank of Russia as of the first day of the current month.
The assistance with enrollment in a university provided by the Russia.Study Portal includes:
- choosing an educational program and a university;
- checking whether the prospective student's documents meet the university's requirements;
- writing a motivation letter (if it is required by the university);
- sending documents to universities and informing the prospective student about any positive result within three days;
- assistance with participation in admission tests (if it is required by the university);
- reservation of a place at a university;
- payment of the state duty on a visa invitation;
- sending the visa invitation to the prospective student;
- filling out a visa application form;
- answering questions about studies in Russia and about the paperwork;
- answering questions about the visa;
- answering questions about admission and the beginning of studies.
The service fee is charged only once. In case of returning the application for editing and further sending for reconsideration, no service fee is charged again.
Payment for translation services and certified copies of documents
Translation services and certified copies of documents includes payment for the following services:
- We attract qualified translators for translating your documents;
- The translation will be duly certified by a notary public;
- Scanned copies of notarized translations are automatically downloaded to your application on Russia.study site and mailed to you.
Payment private medical insurance policy
Starting from year 2016 it’s obligatory for foreign nationals to have a private medical insurance policy to stay in Russia legally. According to Russian laws the policy should be applied for and received at first day of your staying in Russia, not considering the purpose of your visit.
Private medical insurance policy includes ambulatory care and hospitalizing. It’s enough to have a policy, a passport and a student card when applying for free medical help.
Services can be paid online by using the following payment methods:
- China UnionPay
Payment processing is carried out by Tinkoff Bank. Operator of russia.study portal does not request and does not store any bank card details.
After confirming the payment amount, you will be redirected to the secured payment page, where you should enter the payment data. After successful payment, a receipt containing the ordering information and the effected payment data will be sent to the e-mail specified in the payment form.
Payment Security Guarantee
Payment processing is carried out by Tinkoff Bank in compliance with all requirements of the PCI Data Security Standards.
Reliability of the service is provided by an intelligent system for monitoring fraudulent transactions and usage of 3D Secure – a modern online payment security technology.
Your card details are entered on the special secured payment page. The information is transferred using TLS encryption technology. The information is further transferred via closed banking channels with the highest level of reliability.
Tinkoff Bank does not transfer your card details to the operator of russia.study portal and other third parties!
If your card supports 3D Secure technology, you should pass an additional user authentication in the issuing bank (the bank that issued your card) to make the payment. For this purpose, you will be redirected to the issuing bank’s home page. Verification type depends on the bank. As a rule, it represents an additional password sent in a SMS, a variable codes map, or other methods.
Return of Service Fee
You can refuse service until it is rendered. In this case, funds will be returned to your card until the moment your application is verified by the operator of the portal and submitted to the educational institution (before application status in your personal account changed to "On universities approval").
To request a refund:
- Put the application into the "Refused" state by clicking the "Cancel Application" button.
- Send a refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, be sure to include the russia.study registration number, the reason why you request a refund and in case of payment by a bank card: transaction ID (which was emailed to you right after the payment) or 4 last digits of your bank card number; if you paid by a bank order, please specify the order date and number and the details of the banking account where the money should be transfered to.
The consideration term of a refund request is 10 days. The money is returned to the same bank card with which payment was made, or to the specified bank account. The funds are transfered within 5 to 30 banking days, depending on the receiving bank.
Return of Funds for the translation services and certified copies of documents
It is open for you to refuse the service before the translators begin to perform the translation, should this happen the money will be refunded to your card.
- Send a refund request on email@example.com. Please indicate the registration number of russia.study in your application, the reason for refund and the transaction ID (see in the email after the payment is made) or the last four figures on the card from which the payment was made.
Usual response time for a refund is 10 days. Refund is carried out to the same credit card used in payment. Entering of cash funds is carried out in a period of 5 to 30 business days, depending on the bank that issued the card.
Return of Funds for private medical insurance policy
The Insured is entitled to withdraw from the Insurance Contract under the condition of repayment of paid Insurance Premium in full, if there are the following conditions in aggregate:
- it takes not more than 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of entering into the Insurance Contract to the date of its withdrawal;
- withdrawal application was received before the effective date of insurance, stipulated by payment of the Insurance Premium.
The Insured is entitled to withdraw from the Insurance Contract under the condition of repayment of paid Insurance Premium for the unexpired validity period of the Contract, there are the following conditions in aggregate:
- it takes not more than 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of entering into the Insurance Contract to the date of its withdrawal and there are no events with signs of insured event;
- withdrawal application was received after the effective date of insurance, stipulated by payment of the Insurance Premium.
The Insurance Premium due to the Insured shall be repaid within ten working days from the date of receipt of the Insured’s withdrawal application from the Insurance Contract by Insurer. The refund is made in cash at the insurer's cash desk at 121552, Moscow, ul. Ostrovnaya, 4, or by transfer to bank details provided by the Insured in writing. If the bank details to transfer the Insurance Premium are provided by the Insured after withdrawal application from the Insurance Contract, the above term to repay the Insurance Premium will start from the date of such bank details provision.
To request a refund:
- Send a refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org for the transfer service to the university. In the request, be sure to include the russia.study registration number, insurance policy number, the reason why you request a refund and in case of payment by a bank card: transaction ID (which was emailed to you right after the payment) or 4 last digits of your bank card number; if you paid by a bank order, please specify the order date and number and the details of the banking account where the money should be transfered to.